Daniel is also a prolific writer and his latest book – China Vision: China’s Crusade to Create a World in its Own Image is out now and it brings a much-needed, more nuanced look at China and its place in the world. In the book and in this episode, Daniel explains how China is on the precipice of global supremacy, why the Chinese government acts the way it does, and what that means for the world.
We get into all that and more. Daniel gives us an overview of:
- Where its global vision comes from;
- China’s relationship with the West and the US specifically.
- China’s “Belt and Road Initiative” and the neo-colonial bent of that;
- China’s very different approach to the rule of law;
- Its ambitious and highly successful project to control the internet – and some of the dark implications of that;
- Its “Social Credit System” – a real-life version of Black Mirror;
- Prospects for violent conflict between China and the West;
- The internal pressures China faces;
- Much more
Daniel on Twitter: https://twitter.com/countryriskmgmt
Daniel’s company, Country Risk Solutions: http://countryrisksolutions.com/
China’s “Social Credit System“;
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Like what you heard?
Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on iTunes: http://apple.co/1PjLmK
Subscribe on Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/all-things-risk/the-all-things-risk-podcast
Subscribe on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ben-cattaneo
Follow the podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RiskThings
Drop us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Get your free
US listeners: get your free trial and
UK listeners: get your free trial and
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _
I’d like to hear from you! I want to make the show even better – please take two minutes to complete our listener survey.