This week, Daniel joins me as the first guest to make a re-appearance on the show. He discusses many of the book’s themes and we have a fascinating conversation that I felt could have gone for hours. We talk about:
- Brexit – while I never want to date any of my episodes, I thought I’d be re-miss not to tap Daniel’s expertise on country risk management and spend some time getting his take on Britain’s recent referendum;
- The Anthropecene Era and man-made risks – we spend some time talking about climate change in particular, but the book also discusses things like terrorism and cyber risk;
- Where risk management goes wrong for organisations – short-termism, greed, etc.;
- Risk agility;
- Systemic issues like corruption and vested interests in global politics;
- Organisations “having a conscience”;
- Individual and organisational leadership;
- Common sense
- and much more!
It is a wonderful conversation that I am sure you will enjoy!
- the book’s website: http://globalriskagility.com/
- Find the book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Global-Risk-Agility-Decision-Making/dp/1349948594/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468324654&sr=8-1&keywords=global+risk+agility
- Daniel on Twitter: https://twitter.com/countryriskmgmt
- Dante Disparte on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ddisparte
- Daniel’s company, Country Risk Solutions: http://countryrisksolutions.com/