Today, we talk cycling, making decisions and taking risks with Monika Sattler. Monika is an adventure cyclist, writer and vlogger. Monika competed in this year’s Haute Route Alps. In fact, she actually completed the Haute Route Triple Crown – completing 21 days across the Alps, Pyrenees and Dolomites!
Monika is currently based in Griona, Spain, one of the world’s best cycling destinations. Girona is perfect for what Monika does ? adventure cycling and inspiring others, especially women, to live their passions. Monika has completed numerous epic cycling challenges like the Haute Route, the Tour du Mont Blanc, and others.
We talk about all of that but there is much more to Monika than life on two wheels and this is a conversation that is much broader than cycling. It is about pursuing your passion, making decisions, mind set, taking risks, and loads more. Think about it, how do you make a living doing something like what Monika does? As you’ll hear, it is a non-linear path with lots of starts and stops along the way.
Monika is amazing and has a lot of great stuff to share. We cover:
- Monika’s background, including moving from her native Germany to the USA to pursue a volleyball scholarship;
- Getting into cycling and adventure racing, including a cool story;
- Competing in her first pro race and in the women’s pro circuit in Europe;
- Giving a prestigious career to pursue her passion ? twice ? first while she was working at the World Bank and second when she worked in management consulting;
- The awesome adventure she has planned for next year.
- Loads more!
Check out and support Monika as she will ride the full 3,330km course of next year’s Vuelta a España – www.thevueltaride.com
Like what you heard? Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on: