We talk about “lenses” on the All Things Risk Podcast – ways of viewing the world. One of the lenses through which we can understand human potential is sport, and in particular, endurance sport. The conversation in this week’s episode may, at first glance, seem like a discussion about nutrition in endurance sport, and in a way it is. But, it is about much more than that.
Meet Erica and Warren Pole. Erica and Warren are founders of the highly innovative sports nutrition company “33 Shake” – 33shake.com. 33 Shake sells whole food plant-based sports nutrition products. Erica and Warren are endurance athletes and in the course of their training, they found it very difficult to get good, natural sports nutrition. So, they made their own based on research and experimentation. Soon however, they were sharing their creations with others and before they knew it, they had a business on their hands.
Now, 33 Shake has grown very impressively. They have a presence in 25 countries but more significantly, some of the world’s elite athletes are customers (like British multi-Olympic Gold medallist and Tour de France Winner Sir Bradley Wiggins and British double Gold Medallist Phil Hindes), and Chrissie Wellington, 4 time Ironman World Champion is a brand Ambassador. For a company that started out on a kitchen table, that is very impressive. But how did that happen? Listen to find out!
This is a fabulous conversation that covers:
- Entrepreneurship and risk-taking;
- Nutrition and sports nutrition (particularly plant-based, vegan nutrition);
- Endurance sport as a channel to explore your limits;
- Working together as husband and wife
- Loads more!
- 33 Shake:
- on Twitter – https://twitter.com/33Shake
- on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Go33Shake/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
- Merchants of Doubt – http://www.merchantsofdoubt.org/
- David Carter, the 300 pound vegan – https://www.facebook.com/The-300-Pound-Vegan-793351057353850/
- Chrissie Wellington – http://www.33shake.com/chrissie-wellington/
- Luke Tyburski on Episode 9 of All Things Risk – http://www.allthingsrisk.co.uk/2016/04/27/ep-9-luke-tyburski-taking-risks-battling-depression-and-becoming-the-ultimate-triathlete/
Did you like what you heard? Subscribe to the All Things Risk podcast, leave a rating or review, and share it on social media:
- Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on:
- iTunes: http://apple.co/1PjLmKh
- Subscribe on Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/all-things-risk/the-all-things-risk-podcast
- Subscribe on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ben-cattaneo
- Follow the podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RiskThings
- Drop us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit: allthingsrisk.co.uk– and find all episodes and ways to subscribe