This conversation will completely change the way you think about networking. Yes, we all know networking is important. But it isn’t about how many LinkedIn connections you have or about attending so-called “networking events”. True networking is about developing authentic connections with others and starting these from the vantage point of giving, not taking. It’s also an art that is increasingly being lost.
Fortunately, Adam Connors is bringing it back. Adam is a master networker and the founder of a firm called Networkwise. Adam has a diverse background having worked in finance, recruitment and as an entrepreneur. The thing that has connected his endeavours is his ability to connect with people in a deep, meaningful way.
Adam joins me in this episode to talk networking and the power of a strong network. From a risk and uncertainty perspective, a strong network provides one with the ability to pivot quickly in the event of an unexpected setback, as well as the ability to take advantage of opportunities we didn’t even know were out there. What’s even better is that great networkers aren’t born, they’re made.
Adam discusses this and more, including:
- Adam’s background;
- The importance of one’s reputation and credibility;
- Career paths;
- Working with athletes and entertainers;
- The premise and power of networking;
- Networking for “introverts”;
- Networking, risk and uncertainty;
- The power of giving;
- Adam’s attitudes to risk and uncertainty;
- Much more!
Give and Take: An Evolutionary Approach to Success by Adam Grant
__ ___ ____ ____
Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on:
- iTunes: http://apple.co/1PjLmKh
- Subscribe on Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/all-things-risk/the-all-things-risk-podcast
- Subscribe on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ben-cattaneo
Follow the podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RiskThings
Drop us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org