Stepping outside one’s comfort zone is a critical element of effective risk-taking. This is true for many pursuits, from physical challenges, career decisions through to personal relationships. It is also a crucial component in negotiation.
My guest in this episode is Linda Swindling. Linda is a negotiation expert, speaker, author and self-professed “recovering attorney”. Her latest book is entitled Ask Outrageously ? The Secret to Getting What You Really Want. Among the things we discuss is the importance of making your true interests bold and clear when getting involved with negotiations of all kinds. This is a conversation that is not only engaging but is filled with practical tips and advice. In it, we cover:
- Linda’s background, which includes some important career advice;
- Working with so-called “high performers” ? CEOs and the like;
- How to deal with complainers;
- How to approach difficult conversations;
- How to approach negotiations;
- The principles behind “asking outrageously” which includes Linda’s own story involving popular America comedian Jay Leno;
- Lots more
I am sure you will find this extremely useful. Get asking!
Linda’s book Ask Outrageously
Like what you heard? Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on:
- iTunes: http://apple.co/1PjLmKh
- Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/all-things-risk/the-all-things-risk-podcast