Imagine cycling up and over the Andes mountains in Ecuador and Peru (a few times), into the Amazon, across the desert in Bolivia, then into Paraguay and finally Argentina, finishing in Buenos Aires. Sounds pretty gruelling, doesn’t it? Now let’s add a twist: do this on no money, nothing. Well, that is exactly what my guest Laura Bingham recently accomplished.
Laura is an adventurer and very recently completed this epic journey. I had the pleasure of speaking to her about it all on this episode of the show – and you will have the pleasure of listening to it! This was an amazing conversation that I am sure you will enjoy and from which get plenty of inspiration and advice, regardless of whether or not you are into cycling or travel.
Laura and I discuss:
- Her background, which includes teaching in Mexico and sailing across the Atlantic Ocean back to her native England;
- The origins of her idea to cycle across South America;
- How it worked – how she found food, places to stay, and navigated several challenges;
- Mental strength, including overcoming difficult periods;
- Some of the highlights of the adventure;
- Advice for anyone looking to meet a challenge;
- Tarantulas, armadillos, and chicken dinners;
- Much much more!
- Laura’s website: www.laurabingham.org
- Laura on Twitter: https://twitter.com/laurabingham93
- Laura on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/laurabingham93/
- Laura in Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laurabingham93/
- Operation South America: http://www.operationsouthamerica.org/
- Motivational Madness on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/viralrescue
- The All Things Risk Podcast Episode 2 – Martian Cioana: http://allthingsrisk.libsyn.com/ep-2-martian-cioana
- The Transcontinental Race: http://www.transcontinental.cc/