Like any other field, the professional discipline of risk management is filled with jargon and multi-syllabic words. That can make it seem distant and inaccessible to many. That’s a problem because we all deal with risk and uncertainty on an everyday basis. If only there was a way to make the practice and benefits of risk management accessible to all of us.
Meet John Lark, this week’s guest, John is a speaker, consultant, author, and risk management expert. He recently authored a book which is designed to help small and medium-sized businesses get the most out of managing risk. In actuality, it’s a book that can help anyone and John is perhaps the most qualified person on the world to have written.
John has worked in risk management for many years in the Canadian government and over the past several years via his own firm Coherent Advice. He is an expert in neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and has helped many organisations and individuals manage their risks. Above all, John is fun and engaging. He is also a friend and a mentor and all of this makes for an entertaining and informative conversation that covers:
- Confirmation bias and how to overcome it;
- The importance of context;
- Trump and the outcome of the US elections
- Getting what you want;
- Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP);
- John’s book
- Loads more!
John’s firm, Coherent Advice: http://www.coherentadvice.com/
John on Linkedin: http://bit.ly/2hj3EW9
John’s book Risk Management – A practical guide for SMEs – http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/publication_item.htm?pid=PUB100367
Jonathan Pie’s post-US election rant – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
Neuro-linguistic programming – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-linguistic_programming
Did you like what you heard? Subscribe to the All Things Risk podcast, leave a rating or review, and share it on social media:
- Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on:
- iTunes: http://apple.co/1PjLmKh
- Subscribe on Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/all-things-risk/the-all-things-risk-podcast
- Subscribe on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ben-cattaneo
- Follow the podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RiskThings
- Drop us a note: email@example.com
- Visit: allthingsrisk.co.uk– and find all episodes and ways to subscribe