Today we take a look at the important and fascinating world of humanitarian aid and conflict and disaster response, particularly in some of the world’s most crisis-stricken areas. My guest is Ros Kirkland. Ros has eighteen years of experience in this field for both the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), and the British Red Cross.
Ros has been involved in relief operations in North Korea, the Great Lakes Region of Africa, China, Mongolia, Bangladesh and Darfur, Sudan. We talk about these experiences and she provides some interesting insights into how these operations work. In addition, we also cover:
- Governance in disaster relief
- What it’s like to have a career in this field, including challenges and ways in which to overcome these
- Climate change and the future of humanitarian aid
- Loads more!
I’m sure you will enjoy this great conversation!
Ros on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosalind-armitage-95477623?authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=W3cK&trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Amynetwork%2CentityType%3AentityHistoryName%2CclickedEntityId%3Amynetwork_82520272%2Cidx%3A1
Ros in her Trustee role in the Women’s Sport Trust: http://www.womenssporttrust.com/our-trustees/
The International Committee of the Red Cross: https://www.icrc.org/en
The British Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org.uk/
Mark Blyth on Global Trumpism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkm2Vfj42FY
Did you like what you heard? Subscribe to the All Things Risk podcast, leave a rating or review, and share it on social media:
- Subscribe and/or leave a rating and review on:
- iTunes: http://apple.co/1PjLmKh
- Subscribe on Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/all-things-risk/the-all-things-risk-podcast
- Subscribe on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ben-cattaneo
- Follow the podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RiskThings
- Drop us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit: allthingsrisk.co.uk– and find all episodes and ways to subscribe