What is it about travel? Why put yourself in positions of almost pure uncertainty in foreign lands? What is about not knowing what a place is going to be like that is so wonderful?
To explore these and other topics, Hayden Lee joins me today. Hayden is the host of a show called “The Travel Stories” podcast. Hayden is also a musician (he was the bassist for a band called Lazarus Mode), sound technician, and many other things. He is also loads of fun and a great story-teller.
This was a fantastic conversation with some great stories, loads of laughs, and some wonderful insights. We get into:
- Hayden’s background – he is the ”son of a hippie mom and a biker dad”
- His experience picking up and moving to Australia with all but $300 to his name
- Going back to England a few years later via Asia
- Three of Hayden’s “I almost died” stories
- Motorbiking in the Mekong Delta
- What makes travel so wonderful
- Uncertainty, taking risks
- And loads more!